Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Preparation

This is the third time we've made plans to travel Route 66. It has managed to be a surprisingly difficult trip to achieve. The first time failed to work out due to scheduling conflicts of prior commitments. The second time we were all set to go and two days before our departure date, Sparky said "Hey, I think I'd rather work. So let's not go, instead.". Third time has been delayed several days so I could finish up a project, and I strongly suspect I'll have to deal with that project at least once during our trip.

So if you've just found out we're going on a trip, don't mistake your lack of knowledge for our lack of planning. We've been planning this trip for six months. By which I mean, we'll figure things out on the way. After all, this isn't a trip about going places, it's a trip about discovering places.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to pack.


No comments: